Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bonjour

First post. Rock on. I'm here because I'm obsessively analytical and need an outlet to talk about all the media to which I am addicted--books, film, music, even a little TV. You're here because . . . I don't know, maybe you're just spinning through Blogger blogs, or maybe you're my friend outside the Internets and stopped by because I asked you to. Or maybe you're as obsessive as I am. In any case, I hope you find yourself at home. Grab a ca-hold one and feel free to add to any discussion that might occur.

To start things up, I'd like to draw everyone's attention to that collective of Swedish awesomeness, Little Dragon. I can't figure out why I don't hear more about them. I hope that will change here in the States, because they're one of the most unique and sonically pleasing bands I know of. A very soulful and cool vocal by Yukimi Nagano meets beats, bass and keys by Erik Boden, Fredrick Källgren and Håkan Wirenstrand, respectively. Not all the songs sound the same--some are dreamy and ambient, and some sound a bit like hip-hop. You can have a listen here.

Those Swedes. They know what they're doing. Ikea. Jens Lekman. Meatballs.

I guess that's it for today, kids. Hope to see you around soon.

No comments: